We are happy to announce that the Pacific Media Expo (PMX) Anime Music Video (AMV) Contest will be back for 2016. Amaze your friends by showcasing your anime video editing skills and entertain others with your brand of storytelling!
- Best of Show: AMV with the highest total votes by the audience. $200
- Best of Action: AMV with the highest total votes by the audience in the Action category. $100
- Best of Comedy: AMV with the highest total votes by the audience in the Comedy category. $100
- Best of Drama: AMV with the highest total votes by the audience in the Drama category. $100
- PMX Staff Pick: AMV with the highest total votes by PMX staff. PMX Goodies
Additional prizes may be added.
PMX 2016 Anime Music Video Contest Rules
- Each submission will be limited to a maximum length of six (6) minutes. Any submission that exceeds the maximum time allowed will be subject to disqualification.
- Submissions that contain excessive nudity, offensive language, and/or extreme graphic violence may be disqualified at the AMV Coordinator’s discretion.
- Anime Music Video submissions may be submitted in the specified digital formats listed below.
Accepted Video Formats/Codecs:
- Recommended Export Settings
- Video Codec: H.264
- File Formats: .MOV and .MP4
- Frame Rate: 24 fps
- Resolution: 1920×1080
Rejected File Format: .WMV
4. Music videos sent in by mail will only be accepted if submitted on CD-R/RW, DVD-/+R or DVD-/+RW Media only. Tape format (i.e., VHS, SVHS, and SVHS-ET) will NOT be accepted.
5. A total of five (5) Anime Music Video entries will be permitted per group, studio, team, or individual. Contestants wanting to participate in multiple groups, studios, teams, and/or as an individual party will be allowed to enter a MAXIMUM of five (5) videos. Any additional submissions past the first five (5) will be disqualified.
6. Only two submissions per group, studio, team, or person will be permitted to progress on to the finals for each category. Yes, the possibility of sweeping is there!
7. Video intros and exits must be free of any and all text not directly related to the video content itself. Do not include studio bumpers, video credits, or any lead-in/lead-out. Doing so will be grounds for disqualification.
8. Entries must be predominantly (at least 80%) anime and/or video game footage. The audio portion must be primarily music. Excessive use of live action sequences and/or narration/dialog may be grounds for disqualification.
9. Submissions with poor video and/or audio quality will be rejected.
10. PMX reserves the right to reject any video based on our discretion.
11. Submitted media cannot be returned. PMX is not responsible for lost or damaged media.
12. Contest winners that are attending PMX will have their prize(s) presented to them at the convention. Prizes for contest winners (U.S. Residents) not in attendance may have their prizes mailed to them. PMX WILL NOT mail prizes to addresses outside the United States.
13. All mailed entries must be submitted with the PMX AMV Entry Form.
14. Entries that have won five (5) or more awards in other contests will be disqualified.
An AMV Contest Entry Form is required for your entry(s). Access entry forms HERE.
Entries can be submitted online or via postal mail.
- NOTICE: All fields are required unless otherwise specified. Please read all the rules prior to submitting your entry.
- Fill out an entry form for each specific entry submitted.
- Multiple entries on one form will disqualify any entry after the first one listed.
- Illegible forms will be discarded and contestants will be required to submit a new one before the deadline.
- For online submissions, please use Google Drive to submit your entry(ies). This requires creating a Google account, uploading your entry to your Google Drive, and sharing that file with PMXAMV[at]gmail.com). We will inform you via email once your entry is received. Should you have any questions regarding this method, please do not hesitate to contact us. All online submissions must be uploaded and shared no later than 11:59 p.m. on October 2, 2016.
- For postal mail submissions, submit your entry to the following address with this form.
Pacific Media Expo
c/o Chow Suchintamai
8626 Gullo Avenue
Panorama City, CA 91402
All mailed entries must be received (NOT postmarked), by 11:59 p.m. on October 1, 2016 in order to be eligible for entry.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us here
Thank you for your participation!