- Determine whether you qualify for an industry badge. Please see below for qualifications & policies.
- Submit an industry pass registration form (see the bottom of this page for a link).
- Provide proof of your relationship with the organization you registered with. This can be in the form of links to staff lists, IMDB and/or ANN entries if you have them.
- Wait. When you complete your registration form, you will receive a registration receipt page. This acknowledges only our receipt of your application; it does not signify approval.
- You will be notified via e-mail if your application is approved or denied, and you may also receive a postcard from PMX Registration. If you do not receive an e-mail informing you of your application status, feel free to contact the PMX Industry Liaison and inquire.
At the Convention
When you arrive at the convention, present the following when you arrive at General Attendee Registration:
- A valid photo ID
- Proof of approval or application:
- Physical postcard from PMX Registration, or
- Printout of approval e-mail, or
- Printout of your registration receipt page from PMX web registration. This will help expedite your at-con processing, but it is not a valid approval document.
- A business card or letter of intent. All credentials must include company/organization name, individual name, and contact information. Your individual name on your credentials, and your badge name on your registration form, must both match your photo ID. Furthermore, business cards must be printed, not written. Letters of intent must be printed on an official company letterhead. An example is provided here.
You may only pick up your own badge. Proxy pick-up of badges for other members of your group is not allowed.
PMX Industry Staff reserve the right to deny any applicant who fails to produce any of the above documentation during check-in.
Industry Pass Registration is only open to professionals with a substantial involvement in industries promoted by Pacific Media Expo. These industries include, but are not limited to, the anime, manga, and Asian entertainment industries. Pacific Media Expo welcomes creators, executives, talent, and marketing personnel from organizations that are actively working on current projects that interest PMX attendees.
Applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis by PMX Industry Staff; therefore it is helpful for our staff to know about your current projects in order to review your application. If your project is not yet announced, we may be willing to sign reasonable non-disclosure agreements before you disclose the information. Please contact the PMX Industry Liaison to discuss any necessary NDAs.
In this section, to be employed in the industry means working for a company or organization that is recognized as a licensing, production, post-production, distributor, or corporate level retail entity. We may recognize other employment arrangements at our discretion.
All Industry Pass applicants must fulfill at least the following requirements:
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age by/on October 27, 2018.
- Must have been employed in the industry, or an independent contractor hired by the industry, within the 12 months prior to October 27, 2018.
- Must agree to the Privacy Waiver. By submitting a request for an Industry Pass, the submitter grants Pacific Media Association the right to use their name, likeness, and/or submitted image for promotional purposes.
- Must agree to be added to PMX-owned mailing lists that are relevant to Industry professionals. (You may of course unsubscribe if your situation changes.)
- Provide proper credentials (as defined above) when checking in at the convention, that we may keep for our files.
Further, to receive complimentary Industry Passes via pre-registration, applicants must also fulfill the following requirements:
- Must be actively employed in the industry on October 27, 2018.
- Must be an executive or hold a position in a creative department. Office support/administration (data entry, accounting, assistant, etc.) and retail positions (store manager, sales associate, etc.) are not eligible.
There is a limit of four (4) complimentary passes per organization.