We are happy to announce that the Anime Music Video (AMV) Contest will be back for Pacific Media Expo 2018. Amaze your friends by showcasing your anime video editing skills! Entertain others with your brand of storytelling!
Video categories will be: Action • Comedy • Drama.
|Best of Show||AMV with the highest total votes by the audience||$200|
|Best of Action||AMV with the highest total votes by the audience in the Action category||$100|
|Best of Comedy||AMV with the highest total votes by the audience in the Comedy category||$100|
|Best of Drama||AMV with the highest total votes by the audience in the Drama category||$100|
|PMX Staff Pick||AMV with the highest total votes by the PMX staff||PMX Goodies|
Additional prizes may be added.
PMX 2018 Anime Music Video Contest Rules
- Each entry will be limited to a maximum length of six (6) minutes. Any entry that exceeds the maximum time allowed will be subject to disqualification.
- Entries that contain excessive nudity, offensive language, and/or extreme graphic violence may be disqualified at the AMV Coordinator’s discretion.
- Anime Music Video entries may be submitted in the specified digital formats listed below.
Accepted Video Formats/Codecs:
Recommended Export Settings
Video Codec: H.264
File Formats: .MOV and .MP4
Frame Rate: 24 fps
Rejected File Format: .WMV
- Videos sent in by mail will only be accepted if submitted on CD or DVD only. Tape format (i.e., VHS, SVHS, and SVHS-ET) will NOT be accepted.
- A total of five (5) Anime Music Video entries will be permitted per group, studio, team, or individual. Contestants wanting to participate in multiple groups, studios, teams, and/or as an individual party will be allowed to enter a MAXIMUM of five (5) videos. Any additional submissions past the first five (5) will be disqualified.
- Only two entries per group, studio, team, or person will be permitted to progress on to the finals for each category. Yes, the possibility of sweeping is there!
- Video intros and exits must be free of any and all text not directly related to the video content itself. Do not include studio bumpers, video credits, or any lead-in/lead-out. Doing so will be grounds for disqualification.
- An entry must be predominantly (at least 80%) anime and/or video game footage. The audio portion must be primarily music. Excessive use of live action sequences and/or narration/dialog may be grounds for disqualification.
- An entry with poor video and/or audio quality will be rejected.
- PMX reserves the right to reject any entry based on our discretion.
- Submitted media cannot be returned. PMX is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged media.
- Contest winners that are attending PMX will have their prize(s) presented to them at the convention. Prizes for contest winners (U.S. Residents) not in attendance may have their prizes mailed to them. PMX WILL NOT mail prizes to addresses outside the United States.
- Each mailed entry must be identified and submitted with a completed PMX 2018 AMV Entry Form.
- Entries that have won five (5) or more awards in other contests will be disqualified.
An AMV Contest Entry Form is required for each entry. Access entry forms HERE.
Entries can be submitted online or via postal mail.
- For online submissions, please use Google Drive to submit your entry. This requires creating a Google account, uploading your entry to your Google Drive, and sharing that file with PMXAMV[at]gmail.com). Please, identify your entry when sharing the file. We will inform you via email once your entry is received. Should you have any questions regarding this method, please do not hesitate to contact us. Do not forget to fill out the online AMV Contest Entry Form for each video entry. All online submissions must be uploaded and shared no later than 11:59 p.m. on October 1, 2018.
- For postal mail submissions, submit your entry(s) along with the required Entry Form(s) to the following address:
Pacific Media Expo 2018
AMV Contest Submission
1107 FAIR OAKS AVE, SUITE 168
SOUTH PASADENA, CA 91030-3311
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us.